Friday 3 May 2013

What to wear to a Stylist's wedding?


One of my besties, Claire, is getting married next month. You may remember my epic post about her epic hen weekend, which was full of fancy dress?

Well, not only is the wedding going to be equally as epic, and the dresses equally as fancy, but she is also a stylist

Yup, that means big outfit pressure.

I searched high and low for a Dior style full skirt, and came up with zilch. Well, zilch for anything less than four figures, at least. The only thing that came close was this Coast skirt (right) which, although lovely, still wasn't perfect.


So, I bought this dress from H&M's Conscious Collection from the Exclusives range (now sold out, sorry). Blush pink isn't a usual colour choice for me, nor is the high neck, but I liked the overall shape of the dress, the bead detailing and the fact that it was something a little different.







I was originally going to roll out the hat I wore to a spectacular wedding at Blenheim Palace last year, pound per wear and all that, but I think I need a new hat. Don't you? Perhaps one of these... but which to choose, which to choose? The big fat pouff, the royal wedding-esque flourish or the Lady Gaga bow?

Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions. Answers on a postcard (or in a comment box) please.



One thing is certain, however. I'll be accessorising with my newest Lulu love and maybe my Zara heels



Unless of course, Liz and I go ahead with our plan of Usherette outfits. In which case, we could end up dressed as pineapples. Or in onesies...

Stay tuned.

1 comment: