Monday 5 March 2012

My month: February

So I’ve been naughty, and lazy and a bad blogger. I haven’t blogged for an age! Sorry.

I thought about doing a "this weekend" post, but I thought I’d do a “this month” one instead and wrap up the last few weeks.

February is normally a quiet month, but this year, February went OFF! More birthday celebrations that you can shake a stick at, hen dos and catch ups. It was probably the funnest February on record, and also the most expensive...


This month:

I signed out of my twenties, with six rounds of celebrations. So spoilt!

I helped my buddies, the Birthday Belles celebrate the arrival of their fourth decade with more birthday parties.

The hat I made, whilst supremely hungover!
I
 helped Sarah celebrate her impending nuptials with parts three (Vintage Patisserie) and four (a TOWIE Party) of her Hen Tour 2011/12 (Part one being the Ugly Bug Ball last October, and probably two more parts to come!)
I tipped the scales too far in the wrong direction after numerous Tea and Jaffa nights, coupley catch ups, girlie lunch and dinner dates, cocktail sessions, some family catch ups, a Pancake Day extravaganza and a rather lonely Valentine’s Day pizza and prosecco fest. Time to start the healthy eating plan again

some February Food snippets
I got properly addicted to Words With Friends. Add me - I'm Vikihalo!

I spent some time thinking about the amazingness that was Rio Carnival, this time one year ago.
We got our house move underway (yay) so I paid homage to our new address (fingers crossed) with lots of tulips in the house!


some new purchases

I bought some hot pink trews, as instructed by FlorenceFinds. I might have also purchased some bright tees (seeing as spring is almost sprung), a stripey skirt, a short and a long colour block dress, and I finally overcame my fear of floaty pleats with a midi, hot pink chiffon pleated skirt.
hello hot pink trews!
I spent the last of my birthday money on a Lulu Guinness lips clutch.
hello Lips clutch

I planned some fab outfits for some up-coming special events, including most of the items above and also my handmade (by yours truly) hat!

getting matey with Twist and Pulse and "Queenie"
I met Twist and Pulse  and The "Queen" at my buddy Lucy's (she of Birthday Belle fame) first big event at her new venue The London Film Museum. It had an I Heart London theme! That I do!
I got started on the Big Faberge Egg Hunt. I love collecting!


I went all Girl Power with my iPod. Adele, Jessie  J, Lady Gaga were at the top of my most played list and then along came Lana. Enchanting!
I got inspired to re-read The Secret after Laura turned her career around with a bit of positive thinking...
Laura's always there pushing me to stay positive!
I got some much-needed baby squidges with Luke and some catch-up, sticker book, Duplo, silly voice time with Isabelle, Ollie and Gracie, oh, and their parents!
And finally I enjoyed one whole well-deserved lie in!

Phew!

Looking forward to what March has to offer...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment