- I had some exciting guest post opportunities with some lovely wedding and lifestyle blogs. I was rather proud of myself. I only hope I get to do more and more as time goes on! Check out my self promotion here
I did some serious stamp collecting in my passport. A trip to Rio for carnival kicked off the year, completing my goal of visiting every continent before turning 30, followed by a grand tour of Europe over the rest of the year with trips to Paris, Lake Como, Budapest, Istanbul, Athens and Santorini, not forgetting some trips in the UK with weekend breaks to Bath, the Cotswolds and Knebworth.
March (the biggest party on Earth)
- Carnival in RIO baby! IT.ROCKED.MY.WORLD (but broke my body)
- Murder mystery birthday parties (themed on a wedding...heaven)
- A gorgeous baby girl got christened.
- Essex Fashion Week - totally chavtastic but I loved it! My first taste of the TOWIE world!
- And more special birthday parties
- The Mother Ship turned 60 and en masse the Hale-Griffith-Harveys whizzed off to Paris pour le Weekend. Mais oui mais oui. Ladauree Macaroon anyone?
- A gorgeous London hen day with afternoon tea, treasure hunts, rooftop champagne and bistro dinner. Lovely. I dedicated this post to the very special Bride.
July (wedding season starts)
- Take That made a million girls/mums/grans cry. But I was not one of them.
- A wedding in the Cotswolds, however, made me sob buckets. For days! A great day Liz and Tom. I heart your style.
- I said some emotional goodbyes to Harry, Hermione and Ron. Totes emosh.
- But most importantly, this month - Blue Baby Sones arrived (aka Luke Thomas Sones). He's my god daughter's Baby Bro, my bestie's second child, he was much awaited and longed-for. He's such a little dude! (also, he almost shares a birthday with Ollie, my other little mate - good timing Kim and Caroline!)
August (even more party time)
- No carbs before Como - the Matthanach Nuptials. A gorgeous weekend in the Italian lakes with great food, great friends and great scenery. Great Times. Except for the Limoncello. That was less great...
- The Hale-Davis clan take over Knebworth for Robert and Em's wedding. More great times (aside from the riots causing a disappointing lack of sleep). Also the last of my wedding outfits went on show!
- Chelmsford chucks a massive party - V Fest. Named after me! Fanks. This year however, we didn’t bother attending. All of a sudden I felt too old.
- Lots of east London Goodtimes for more birthdays and another bestie flew home from travelling. Girls re-united. So happy!
September (more stamp collecting)
- 24 months since the joining of me and the mister... we're doing well!
October (crazy-good weather)
- Fancy dress central with more 30th birthdays, a 21st birthday and a Bug-tastic hen do in Bath
- AUTUMN TELLY SCHEDULE! Staying in is the new going out, although, the weather was so lovely there was lots of going out as well.
November (or should I say Mo-vember)
- Mr G grew a Mo for Movember. hmmmmm
- And then let the X Factor/Strictly live show parties/pyjama nights in begin...
December (let the festivities begin)
- A reunion with the Como Chicas got me thinking about holidays again...
- ...so it was lucky I had a foggy, but festive trip to Budapest with the girls planned.
- Mr G and I get to spend our first NYE together for years
- Planning began for mine and Lucy’s 30th BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!
And so what does 2012 have in store?
And then who knows… watch this space!
Happy New Year everyone, I hope you enjoyed 2011 as much as I did and that you also have some wonderful things to look forward to over the coming months.
Wishing you all health, wealth and happiness for 2012