Friday 20 May 2011

Nobody likes change

Especially not me. Why do they do it? They get you addicted to/completely reliant on/obsessed with something, then they discontinue it and force you in to purchasing the, supposedly, superior product that has replaced it with clever marketing. I work in marketing, I shouldn’t fall for the bullsh*t, but I do.
Everytime.

Also (as a quick aside), I, like many others question the tagline “new and improved”. It can’t be both, can it now? I know it’s not an original statement, but I would like to reiterate the point. IT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE… but we all know we get sucked in by it. Why is that? Anyway, back to my point.

Benefit did it with my fave lipstick.

Stella McCartney’s just done it with her perfume.

Office did it with the best, most comfy peep toes in history.

The one that hit me hardest was Wispa being culled from the shelves and being replaced with… Dairy Milk Bubbly. Really?

Fail.

Eventually I get over it (in time for them to re-release them as a "special edition"... see I fall for it everytime!!). But this one, I think I’m going to find it difficult. Why have Haribo messed with the Gold-Bear recipe? WHY? Why on earth would they fiddle with the formula to introduce REAL FRUIT JUICE and more, uh, rubberiser? I liked the e-numbery taste. I liked the firm but slightly gelatinous texture. I crave that hit of chewy, sugary Gold-Beariness.

Are they trying to make them healthy or something? One of your five a day? Who knows. Frankly who cares.

All I know is that I want the old ones back. Pronto. Until then, I’ll be the weirdo in the supermarket holding up bags of Starmix to the light to see what the ratio of Gold-Bears and jelly rings is to fried eggs and foam strawberries.

Hmph.

Don’t get me started on the fizzy cola bottle saga… that’s just too painful. I’m saving that for therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment